Come mix, mingle, and get to know your downtown neighbors at the DRC Holiday Forum!
When? Monday, December 19th. 7PM to 10PM
Where? Avia Long Beach. 285 Bay St. Long Beach, CA 90802
The forum will include appearances by Vice Mayor Suja Lowenthal, Councilmember Robert Garcia, a presentation by Conventions and Visitors Bureau CEO Steve Goodling, a neighborhood roundtable, a holiday giving tree (*please bring canned food items), and a holiday raffle!
The forum is free and open to all residents. We hope to see you there!
President: Jennifer Kennedy
- Jennifer has been an educator for eight years, teaching in Compton, West Africa and Inglewood. In 2010, she received the Teacher of the Year award. Currently, she is a project manager of an educational software company.
- “As the president, I hope to increase the awareness of NPNA, to create an involved community and to become the voice of the neighborhood.”
- You can contact Jennifer at email@example.com
Vice President of Economic Development: Tony Parise
- Tony is a Chicago native and has been a downtown Long Beach resident for 8 years at the historic Kress Lofts building at 5th Street & Pine Avenue.
- “As VP of Economic Development with the North Pine Neighborhood Alliance, I hope to give the area’s residents a place to voice both concerns and praise to the City of Long Beach regarding development in North Pine. We hope to foster a positive relationship between the residents and commercial businesses in the neighborhood creating a comfortable place to live, work and play for everyone while enhancing partnerships that support our goals with the City planning/building departments.”
- You can contact Tony at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President of Communications: Mike Herrera
- Michael holds a degree in computer science and owns his own Long Beach-based software development company, Devop Labs Inc.
“I am excited to be the new VP of Communications. Ultimately, I’m striving to ensure that the membership of the NPNA can be both ‘strongly heard‘ and ‘well informed.’ This new motivation led us to create and announce an NPNA phone number. All NPNA Board members may be reached by leaving a voice message or SMS text to the number (562) 888-0895.”
- You can contact Mike at email@example.com
Vice President of Community Projects: Gina Krueger
- Gina is an analyst at the Port of Long Beach and has a background in public administration.
- “As the VP of Community Projects, I hope to help the neighborhood identify what community projects are needed and how we go about getting them accomplished. I’m open to your ideas!”
- You can contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President of Community Outreach: OPEN!
- The VP of Community Outreach will integrate multicultural communities into the activities of the neighborhood and Downtown Long Beach. Please let us know if you are interested in this board position! email@example.com